Saturday, March 27, 2010

Preschool project

So Danni came home from school and they were going to be having a rodeo. So she needed a stick horse. Now the instructions where simple and I could have taped a picture of a horse on a stick.... but oh no. I decided that I loved the stick horses we had as a kid and that I needed to make one for Danni. However, even with a week and a half notice I put it off til the night before. I could not find a pattern at any fabric store. So I randomly purchesed what I thought I would need. I then came home and took a pen to the fabric drawing a head of a horse. I tried sewing it on the sewing machine but I am not very good at sewing and the fabric was to thick and everything kept getting all stuck. So I stayed up and stitched it by hand.

However, as I finished I realized I hadn't purchased anything for the eyeballs. When I was taking Danni to school she was very distraught that her horse did not have eyes. So luckily Miss Teia, Danni's teacher saved the day and glued some buttons on for eyes. Here is a picture of the horse... without eyes of course.




I think I did ok for a first time little project :)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so awesome! I am so not that creative with my kids projects. Thank heavens for Josh!