Saturday, September 27, 2008

Text messaging for a date?!?!

So last night I decided to ask a guy out on a date. It is a guy that I know from great life. I asked him if he wanted to go out on Tuesday night and he said he was thinking about going to the guest presentation (here forth know as the GP) at great life that night so he wasn't sure. I could tell at the time that he didn't really get that I was asking him on a date. But being a chicken I left it alone at the time.

Today I sent him a text message this morning saying...
" You're killin me"

He responded "Why"

I just let him sit with it for several hours and then I responded.."Cause ya want to go to a gp instead of going on a date with me, for rude."

He responded " hahaha... your crazy :)"

I responded " How am I crazy....i asked you to go out with me tomorrow and you said you were going to the gp...lame"

Then a few hours go by and there is no response to this text. Me being awkward and paranoid sends a text saying...."....ugh......awkward silence....hahahaha.. i need to go on a date this month will you go out with me."

The response I get after some time is " ummmmm"

At this point I want to respond and say " What in the world does that mean....." However, I refrained from doing such a thing... good job Megan

After about another 30 minutes he writes..."Umm we can hang out as friends but I see this as a conflict of interest."

I simple respond " k"

Then I am feeling awkward about everything and realize in my wisdom that I need to smooth it over so that we can still be friends so. I sent a text saying./... " Hey if you and friend and whoever else wants to go to a U volleyball game Thursday night my roomies and I are going with the institute."

This then smoothes things over and we begin carrying on a normal conversation about going to the game.

There is the joy of my day. I hope you all get a good laugh... Cause I have had several...

Awkwardness to all,
Meg

3 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Nice one Megan. Do you feel a bit rusty???:) I have to say that I was laughing:)

Marcy said...

That sounds like torture! Wouldn't calling him be a little easier on you? I'm saying this because I have regretted emailing some guys in the past little while. Waiting for someone to respond for who knows how long just kills me. So I did the very smart thing of leaving a message on a friend's phone today, asking if he wanted to go to a movie. Hasn't called back. Um, I guess that's a no?

Jones Family said...

Text msging is fun and safe. U could have totally played it off anyway you wanted to! Use that imagination when most needed!!