Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hawaii!







Yes we went to Hawaii. My friend Rissa was having a bad day and so Kevin offered her one of his buddy passes (He works for Skywest airlines so we get to fly on Delta and United and have buddy passes for both). Riss has had a goal to go to all 50 states before she turns 30. Earlier in the year Riss and I went to Oregon and Washington and then she went to Alaska earlier this summer. So the only state left was Hawaii. So when Kevin offered her the buddy pass she was headed to Hawaii. When Kev heard she was going there he looked at me and said "you want to go to don't you?" I replied.... of course. So then Kevin decided if I was going he wanted to go. So then Julie got to come so that Larissa wasn't a third wheel. We had a great time and saw a ton of stuff. We were on Oahu. We had tons of fun until......we couldn't get out of the Honolulu airport. For those of you who don't know if you are flying on buddy passes you are standby. Well the stand by list was over a hundred people. We were suppose to fly out Monday night. We didn't make it on any flights so we went and got a hotel. Then we were back there Tuesday morning. Tried to get on all the flights that day and didn't make it on any. So we slept in the airport that night. Then the next morning we took a flight over to Maui and got on a flight out of Maui wednesday afternoon to San Fransico. Then we spent the night in teh San Fransico airport, which was FREEZING cold, Then Thursday morning we got on a flight to SLC. So I went to 4 airports without going outside to get home. But it was a great trip.


Diamond Head... the start of the hike


All of us at the Top of Diamond Head


Just a cool area... Riss walking out to the old sugar mill. Loved the Big trees there.


Chinaman Hat




The mountains were amazing


Wikiki beach....we jsut got there dropped our stuff at the hotel and headed to the beach.


Kevin and Riss went Snorkelling in Haunama Bay

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It looks soooo warm in Hawaii, sigh...

Larissa said...

AAAAAHHH!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! This is probably the biggest "let's mention Riss" blog I've ever read not on my very own page:-) More importantly, I loved the trip, I love you, I love Kev, I love Julie...we should have a reunion party soon and exchange the photo files, eh? You all have blessed my life SO much and I can not say thank you enough!!!!!