Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chaos

After many talks with friends and my great therapist who I love it has now been confirmed. I have been creating chaos in my own life because I don't know how to deal with peace, quiet and stability. Is there anyone else out there like this. SO I get involve3d with dumb boys, take on to much and go a little crazy. So while I was talking to my therapist yesterday she wanted to know how I have been creating chaos. So she said list all of the things that you need to get done or that you should be doing. I started rattling them all off. Here is what she wrote down on the list that I was suppose to do in the next 2-3 days..... and then she made me stop talking because she was getting overwhelmed with my list.
1. Teens board - enroll teens in the training
2. Institute Choir with roommate
3. ARTEC - talk to the Bishop
4. Ward activity - non member
5. Friends - making contact with friends that I haven't talked to in a while
6. Work- crisis occurring, procrastinated stuff have a lot to do
7. Thesis
8. Guy from facebook
9. Guy friends
10. Dad
11. Life Coaching
12. gym

At that point she told me to stop. Though there were more things to go on the list. But hey what do you do. This is what I do. I take on to much, don't say no, try and do it all.... so that when I can't accomplish it I can once again say... see ... no good. But things are changing. I crossed things off my list, moved things up a couple of weeks and just started taking charge.

So dear friends, if I tell you no for something... don't be offended. Know that I love you, but that I get to take some time for myself.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I love that you're taking charge and saying no to some things. I'm starting to stand up for myself in some good ways that I realized I haven't done for a very long time. Here's to healthier us!

Larissa said...

So....I consider myself pretty lucky to have spent great quality time with you TWICE in one week - and I've seen you 3 times! Luck be a lady tonight:-) Love you bunches!

abshire said...

I'm happy for you and this change you've committed to. Self-care is SO important, but too many overlook it. Love you!