Monday, January 26, 2009

Dadman

For those of you who have not heard my Dad is getting married! I am really excited for him. Vicki is an amazing woman who I already love. They are getting married Feb 21st in the Timpanogos Temple. My dad is selling his house, which is a little hard and they will be living in Alpine... which is closer to me so that makes me happy. Overall I am really excited. Sometimes it is a little hard because the reason my dad can get married is because my mom is gone. But I love Vicki and am grateful for her and the part she is, and is going to play in my life and especially my dad's.

On another note.... I am still awkward. Especially when it comes to boys. And there is sooo much drama always involved with the male species. As I talk to friends in my ward and other singles it just is a complicated mess most of the time. When do you let someone know that you could possible or are interested in them. Do you get to be friends first and then go for being interested? But once you are a friend do you get stuck into the friend zone and possible never be able to make the transition. So many problems and complications. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to still have arranged marriages, but then I think... No thank you! So I continue to plug along try and figure out how to interact with the male species... to be friends or put the flirt on. And even when the flirt is on.... am I already in the friend zone. :)

2 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

If you figure out how to stay out of the friend zone, let me know. Did you watch Just Friends at the gym on Saturday? hee hee

Larissa said...

how odd - Just Friends was on at the gym last week - and Megan was in the cardio theater leaving right about the time it started...we had a lovely little chat through the first 5 minutes, probably annoying everyone around us - I love it:-)
And Megan my love, if you learn how to avoid Friend Zone - definitely clue me in too:-)