Monday, November 3, 2008

My Car

For those of you who have never seen my car it is a piece of crap :) but i don't have a car payment and that is what matters. i bought it last December for $1200 and it is still running. So I keep on driving. Well I have been having to replace one tire at a time and on Sunday the tire fair came again to take a tire away.

My Back seat of the car, folded down with all the crap.... you can kinda see the tire.


I got up and got ready for church and I looked cute. I had even straightened my hair. Well then I ra over for presidency meeting for the RS presidency. As i pulled up to the presidents house i felt my tire go. Sure enought there was a hole in the side wall. Well it was time for my meeting and I really didn't want to deal with it yet. So I go in for the meeting and when we are done with the meeting it is raining. Of Course.

The great part is that my trunk does not open any more and that there is a ton of junk in the trunk of my car. So I have to put the seat down and then pull everything out of my trunk and throw it onto the seats.


I then crawled into the trunk to see if there was a release latch to open it...... there was not..... PS I was in a knee length skirt and knee high boots....with 4 inch heels.... not the most practical clothing for changing a tire. We, Jae from my ward was helping me at this point, pull the tire out through the back seat. However, my lug nut thing is no where to be found. So Jae went to see if she had one that would work. We found one. So then you have me in my skirt and boots jumping on the lug nut thing to loosen the lug nuts.... in the pouring rain. It was great fun.


I got them all loosened and then had to sit my butt down on the ground to try and get the jack in place. It was not cooperating with me. I was getting drenched... or was.... and frustrated. Then this nice guy who lived next door to where my meeting was came out all bundled up and asked if he could help. Being me I was about to say No thanks.... but then I stopped and said, "Yea that would be great" The nice guy finished changing my tire for me. I need to take him cookies. I wish I had pictures of me in the rain... but all you get is pictures of all the crap pulled from my trunk.

1 comments:

Ashley Harward said...

I love it!!!! My car is always full of crap (and I drive a van, that's a butt load of crap!). Sorry about the rain and junk - but at least a cute guy came to the rescue right?
It's just like in Sense and Sensibility where the girl twists her ankle in the rain and Weatherby carries her home, both of them soaking wet.
It's just like that ... well, kinda.
Love ya,
Ashley
Hey, we have a blog now. Check it out. www.theharwardworld.blogspot.com