Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Friends story

So more online dating fun. I was talking to my friend and she is a little older then me. She is dating online and she was excited to go out with a widower as opposed to a divorced guy. So they went out and he was a little interesting but then he invited her back to his house. It had been an ok time so she went over there. As soon as they walk into the house there is this big picture of his wife with a major 80s hair do... underneath her picture is her funeral program. She had passed away 6 weeks before hand. Now I know some of you may freak out over that but really it isn't that big of a deal... my father was also dating 6 weeks after my mom passed away.

Then they sit down on the couch and he picks up her feet and picks up some lotion. He says that he use to massage his wife's feet all the time, and he hoped she didn't think it was weird. So he massages her feet and she is a little weirded out. Then he says hold on just a second. And my friend is ready to walk out but giving himself the benefit of the doubt. So then he comes out and says I hope this isn't weird. And he holds up a fake hair piece and says ... look your hair is almost an exact match to my wife's hair. She said good-bye and left. Oh the joys... she was definitely weirded out by this guy. He was an interesting duck.

So definitely online dating is fun. I have had 2 guys in two days try and get me to go and meet them to make out with them when I had started talking to them 2 minutes before. Of course I told them no... even though I could use a good make out session. But I would like to know them for a little while first :) .

Hope you have fun ready of dating woes. Nothing else is quite as exciting as dating at this point in time in my life. However, I am learning to budget and take care of my money... If anyone wants a great way to do so check out Dave Ramsey's financial peace university. It is amazing!

Megan

1 comments:

Jones Family said...

Well that is interesting. Firstly if you are just having an okay time, never go back to the house with them. Secondly, you sound so bored! Stay alive over there! Make the fun happen!
ps... i miss you