Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Online Dating?!?

So apparently my friends don't have as many awkward moments as I do....because they haven't posted. I am going to share about some fun times this last weekend. Through some convincing of a good friend of mine I have signed up for internet dating....oh the joys. For those of you who don't know I met my ex online. SO I was really nervous about signing up. However, I am on the older end of the singles ward and so I decided to see how many older guys were online. There is quite a few. So I am now on LDS singles. However, being online is a totally different world. So there have been several guys whom I have started to talk to. The first guy who started to talk to me was interesting. He wanted to know if I would cuddle with him. I was thinking....cuddling...that is fun. But when I tried to get him to meet somewhere he said he didn't want to do that. He just wanted to either meet at my house or his and wanted to know if I had a long couch or a bed. He then started to talk more and I realized he did want to just cuddle. Ugh! I didn't talk to him any more. However, he told me that touching over the clothes is light petting and you don't have to talk to the Bishop so he would never touch under the clothes. Then he would have to talk to the Bishop. Who really thinks that. Oh well.... all done talking to him. And that was on LDSsingles. What in the world. I am so not very interested in this but there are some funny people.

The other thing I noticed on LDSsingles is that a guy that is a little bigger or heavier writes down that they are average. And a girl will write down that she is above average, even though they are about the same size. It is interesting to see how people describe themselves and how our world colors the way we look at ourselves. Especially how girls and guys look at themselves differently. The world of dating... oh the fun.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I am not ready for online yet. Whoa. Good luck chicky. Stay away from the people who talk about cuddling online. Pretty obvious that we all want that, isn't it?

Jones Family said...

If they send a group photo instead of a single one, they are most likely the ugliest one in the group.